Rules and regulations
All the residential students should adhere to and strictly follow the rules and regulations stated below. If a residential student violates the rules and regulations, the hostel administration will seine the welfare facilities from the particular student, and also constitute a legal action against him/her and impose a penalty on him/her as well.
- Residential students should occupy the rooms assigned to them and should not change the rooms without the permission of the warden/matron.
- The special permit issued to occupy the relevant room of the hostels should be kept safely and produced whenever it is necessary.
- Every student, before taking over the room, should check the goods in the room and sign the register. Before signing. they should check for any damages in the windows, drawers, and lockers and if they notice any, they should make an entry in the register. All students occupying the rooms will be collectively responsible for the contents of the rooms.
- Any equipment and furniture handed over should not be removed from the hostel. Further, apart from the permitted equipment and furniture, no other items belonging to the Institute should be brought into the room.
- Furniture, equipment, lamps, wires, walls, doors, windows and all the other equipment in the rooms should not be damaged or defaced If any damage is made, the cost of replacement and in addition, the fine of 25%% of the value of the damaged item will be charged by the Institute.
- Keys of the rooms and other goods should be personally handed over to the warden/matron at the beginning of vacations or at the time of leaving the hostels or at sudden closure or events to that effect. At the time of closure of the hostels, all personal belongings should be removed and all almirahs and cupboards should be kept unlocked.
- All equipment fixed at commonplaces of the hostels should be kept safe and it is the responsibility of the resident to preserve such items.
- It is compulsory to use a bed sheet or a mat on the mattress. The mattress should always be covered thus.
- Each residential student should live without disturbance to others and maintain silence within the hostels.
- Each residential student should dress appropriately whenever they are in common areas of the hostel and visiting the offices.
- Identity cards issued by the Institute should be kept in their possession and produced whenever necessary.
a) Electrical appliances
It is strictly prohibited to use any electrical appliances other than those supplied by the Institute. It is also not permitted to shift any electrical appliance belonging to the Institute and permitted by the Institute. List of permitted items will he displayed on the hostel notice board. Cooking inside the room is strictly prohibited. It is dangerous to meddle with electrical appliances, plugs, switches and wires. The Institute will not be responsible for any accident which happens due to such behavior.
Every residential student should keep the room assigned to them tidily. They should always use the dustbins provided and should not litter in other places It is prohibited to lung clothes on windows, doors and balconies. It is their responsibility to keep the bathrooms and lavatories clean.
c) Late attendance
Residential students, when leaving the hostel (for purposes other than attending lectures or using the library) should sign the register kept for this purpose. They should mark the time of departure and return. Female students should return before 6.00 p.m. and male students before 8.00 p.m. A resident student who needs to leave the hostel for personal reasons should ill the printed form kept for this purpose and obtain formal approval from the Director/Registrar Warden Matron.
d) Liquor and gambling
It is strictly prohibited for the students to consume liquor or drugs at the hostels or come to the hostels after consuming liquor or drugs. It is also prohibited for students to engage in gambling.
It is strictly prohibited for students to entertain visitors in their rooms without the permission of the Warden/Matron. Students who have not been provided with hostel facilities will be considered as visitors. All residential students are bound to inform the Warden/Matron when visitors use their rooms. Visitors are permitted to enter the hostel common room between 8 00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. It is strictly prohibited to entertain visitors during other times.
f) Checking of rooms
Director/ Registrar/Warden/Matron or any other authorized officer can check the rooms at any time at their discretion. If any student willfully objects to such checking it will be considered as a breach of discipline and serious misconduct.
g) Conduct of meetings within hostel premises
It is strictly prohibited to organize societies, discussions, or meetings within the hostel premises without the prior approval of the Director of the Institute. If such permission is obtained, the Warden/Matron should be informed.
h) Medical treatment
Whenever a residential student needs to obtain medical treatment from a hospital, it must be informed to the Warden/Matron. When such request in made. the identity card of the sick student should be produced. The residential student receiving outpatient treatment should enter the details in the register kept in the hostels.
The Warden/Matron should be responsible for the implementation of any rile and regulation related to the administration of hostels.